Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Vanilla & Orange Bavarian Custard

Ate at Va de Vi in Walnut Creek a few nights ago with my mom. The tapas style dishes were to die for, but it was the dessert sampler that truly made my nigh: miniature versions of the vanilla and orange bavarian custard, the huckleberry bread pudding, the profiteroles, and the Guittard chocolate souffle. Of course, due to the fact that the lighting in most restaurants is too dim for pictures decent enough for sharing, the only picture I have to offer is of the dessert we brought home for my sister to enjoy: a full size vanilla orange bavarian custard with caramelized bananas and brown butter cake.

Time is short, so today I regretfully leave you with little more than this picture.

 

2 comments:

Chantal said...

ouh looks delicious! now i shall google a brown butter cake and see how to work up my own version of this

test it comm said...

That looks so good!