Sunday, August 31, 2008
Sunday Lunch

I'm pretty fond of Sunday lunch. Whether it's for the company (typically my family and my boyfriend after the morning church service), the opportunity to go out and eat something you've craved the entire week, or the satisfying Sunday afternoon nap that ensues, the tradition in itself is not something I like to miss and I'm actually glad to go home every weekend just to enjoy it.

I also derive some pleasure from eating at the fanciest new fusion restaurant to the coziest whole-in-the-wall establishment in my Sunday best. I even think I become much more tolerable around a table full of food. I can smile and joke with my mother whose terrible driving habits had me carsick and irritable only a few minutes before.

That happened to be the case during this Sunday lunch as well. Once the food was on the table and the smell wafted in through my nose, nothing could bother me. The fact that I'm only home now for two days in the week is also a good motivator to be on my best behavior...and of course the fact that my mother does pay the bill.



Soon Du Bu Chigae, Korean soft tofu soup with oysters and dungeness crab. A little hot to eat on day when the temperature is 80+, but regardless it really hit the spot.


 

0 comments: