Monday, October 27, 2008
Ciao Bella alla Casa


Why do let me stay here?
All by myself
Why don't you come and play here?
I'm just sitting on the shelf
- "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" by She & Him

Last week Mr. Simple happened to mention that his sister bought a new kind of ice cream. I begged him to elaborate.

Mr. S: I dunno. They're in these kinda small cups.

Me: What kind of small cups?

Mr. S:What do you mean?

Me: Are they paper, plastic?

Mr. S: Paper, why do you want to know?

Me: How small are they?

Mr. S: I don't know, small. Why do you keep asking.

Me: Can you save an empty cup for me and bring it next time?

Mr. S: Why?

Me: I just want to see it.

Mr. S: Why?

Me: I just like cute stuff like that.

Mr. S: What are you going to do with it?

Me: I don't know, I'll see if it's right.

Mr. S: Right for what?

Me: ... *embarassed*

Mr. S: You want to see if it's right for what?

Me: ...Right for baking something in...

Mr. S: ...grr.

He finally brought me one of those little ice cream cups, with the ice cream still in it. As soon as he handed it to me something about the little cup caught my attention.

Me: Why didn't you tell me it was "Ciao
Bella"?!

Mr. S: I didn't that was important...is that
bad?

Me: [tears of lid and savors a spoonfull of creamy gelato]
...Not in the least. ^ ^

 

0 comments: