Sunday, October 5, 2008
Hi, I'll have a tall...Red Velvet Cupcake??

Can you guess what my favorite order is? Caramel Macchiato? Cafe Au Lait? Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino Blended Coffee? Actually I never drink coffee, if I ever go to Starbucks I'll normally pick up an Iced Green Tea or a Chai Tea. Although I am excited to try the new signature hot chocolates, Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, Hazelnut Hot Chocolate, and their Signature Hot Chocolate. A childhood favorite refined! However, none of these drinks was inside the tall Starbucks logo cup that my mom brought me home today.
Inside was actually a tiny red velvet cupcake!! I don't know which location she found it at but it was the nicest little surprise. The frosting on top wasn't the cream cheese frosting common to most red velvet cupcakes, but it was nice (if not as wonderful) nonetheless. There was even a little surprise inside of my surprise...a rich chocolate ganache center, a wonderful discovery I made after two or three bites.

I also baked another carrot cake this weekend, an adorable miniature 6 inch double layer cake. I increased the ratio of the carrots, used half brown sugar and half white, and added a touch of cinnamon to cream cheese frosting. My family definitely appreciated the slight changes and unfortunately, so much so, that I was unable to take even one photograph before my tiny creation was cut into and almost half devoured. However, one blessing that did arise from this was my mother's suggestion that I sell, what she has dubbed, my "perfected" carrot cake as well as my other delicious quick breads to the women at the church to help raise funds for my college, seeing as I've been unable to acquire an on-campus job as of yet. I told her I'd look into the possibility and the notion has got me very excited for such a legitimate excuse to bake every weekend. More updates as that on going project progresses.

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

how adorable! love the photography :)